Monday, January 2, 2012

January Challege

January Challenge:

1) You.

Me? Well. Hmm. I used to consider myself first and foremost a horseback rider. It defined me. I spent all my excess time (and time that wasn't previously excess) in order to peruse it. I committed fully and failed, losing two horses in 14 months to things I had no control over. I lost myself for a time, loosing all my confidence in my abilities but I've been building it back up this semester on the equestrian team at school. I'm even about to place up into the next level! I'm getting it back, though the entire industry bothers me I cannot escape it, so instead I'm choosing to fix it.

Now, I am most importantly a student. At a crazy hippy school with no grades. Pursuing a very normal pre-vet degree hoping to continue on to be a large animal/equine vet. My big goal is to fix the racing industry and make sure that soundness can be maintained through young stock on the track to the 4 year old retirees that just don't run fast enough any more. But in reality, I'll be happy with the sleepless nights helping horses and owners with little injuries to major problems, making sure that in the end everything is fixed. I like to fix things.

I'm also interested in everything else, which is what drew me to my crazy hippy school. Most importantly, I care about the food industry and the way we live today. The fact that what we are doing is destroying the world and no one cares to fix it bothers me. I feel like I know how to fix everything and just can't convey that well enough, so I toil away researching and filing away information in my brain. I love sustainable living, and someday I hope to live on my own farm using only personally or locally grown products. I like hard work and doing things on my own without help. I like working hard to earn my own money and working even harder to prove to myself and everyone else that I am good at what I care about.

I have a lot I want to do with my life and haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do it all, but this year especially I'm throwing (some) caution in the wind and just doing life. Following my gut and the opportunities available and doing it.

And now for the actual pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment